Contest: Power Hungry [9-28-12] Sept 17, 2012 13:35:31 GMT -5
Post by Uruviel on Sept 17, 2012 13:35:31 GMT -5
While listed here, this contest is actually based on in-character dealings. Please read through the entire post before you actually decide to enter. (This is actually more of a mini-plot that just happens to have out-of-character rewards!)The wolves of Anikira are desperate to get to the top. They will stop at nothing to get what they think they deserve. Will you join in the fight to prove who is the best in Anikira? Enter the wolven tournament. This is a test of wits, strength, skill, and writing alike. Be judged by your fellow roleplayers to learn who will rise to the top and be crowned the greatest in Anikira.
Here are some of the rules:
- Wolves in threads based on the Power Hungry contest do not count against your liquid time threads.
- Wolves will be matched with other wolves based on a random selection. Each will be assigned a number, and numbers will be drawn to create the bracket.
- Wolves injured/killed in this competition do not sustain those injuries/deaths in regular roleplay unless you choose to have it apply.
- As always, powerplaying, godmodding, and other not so desirable behaviors are frowned upon, and will also end with you being booted from the tournament.
- Purchased combat items cannot be used in the tournament so that everyone has an equal chance.
Here's how the actual contest will function.1. Roleplayers must register their wolves (a limit of two wolves per person, please!) on this thread by the 28th of September.
2. A bracket will be created. Should there be an odd number of wolves, the last wolf to be drawn will receive a by to the second tier. There is no limit to the number of wolves allowed in this tournament. The by-wolf does not receive the 25 pt prize for its by-round.
3. You will be given a setting. (ie. a board in Anikira will be selected for you) You will also be given specific weather conditions for the fight. It will be designated through PMs which of you are to start the thread.
4. The thread will be played out for as long as is necessary for a decision to be rendered. Each fight will be given a poll where all members on the site can vote for the final outcome of the match.
These votes will be cast based on the actual fight, the writer's roleplaying ability, and the actual craftiness exhibited by the characters. 1/3 of the score will be based on the poll, 1/3 based on the staff vote, and 1/3 will be based on a random heads/tails coin flip.
5. The losing wolf will be eliminated. The winning wolf will continue to the next tier.
- Each character entered will automatically receive 25 points for participation.
- For each tier completed, the winning wolf will receive an additional 25 points to the account.
- For the Grand Champion: The winner will receive sidebar recognition under the awards tab until the next tournament is run. In addition to this, the winner will receive 200 points and a special banner for their signature on that character.
To enter, simply fill out the form below for each wolf.
[b]Link to Profile[/b]: [url=PROFILE LINK HERE]Click.[/url]
[b]Link to Biography[/b]: [url=BIO LINK HERE]Click.[/url]